3 things every Arkansas fan needs to know today
Happy Friday, Arkansas fans!
As you’d expect, things remained pretty quiet in Fayetteville Thursday. Recruiting has been the focus for coach Bret Bielema and staff this week during their bye, and Bielema tweeted out that he has had some successful trips over the week.
Here are three things to know:
- Without a game to worry about, Arkansas’ mascot, Tusk, spent some time sending Bevo, the beloved Texas Longhorns’ live mascot, flowers. Bevo was retired this week due to cancer.
- Much has been made this week about the personal foul on Alabama offensive lineman Cam Robinson that Bielema was involved in. Bielema questioned why there was a camera on the Razorbacks’ sideline in the first place, and on Thursday, ESPN released a statement explaining how it happened, according to Matt Jones of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.
- Fans that are in town next weekend to watch Arkansas take Auburn can also take in some Razorbacks hoops. Arkansas announced on Thursday that the men’s basketball team will hold an open practice at 8:30 a.m. on Oct. 24.
The best stories around the SEC
- South Carolina interim coach’s first radio show features Steve Spurrier
- Which SEC team is on upset alert this weekend?
- Tennessee player rips UGA for controversial chop block
- Nick Saban explains what makes him “cussin’ mad”