4 things every Arkansas fan needs to know today
Good morning, Arkansas fans! It’s Thursday already, so that means the showdown at Alabama is just a couple days away. The Razorbacks know the task at hand, but they are anxious to see how far the program has come over the past couple of seasons.
Let’s get you caught up on all things Arkansas:
- Coach Bret Bielema is excited to see where his team is. The last time the Hogs played at Bryant-Denny Stadium, Alabama rolled Arkansas 52-0 in a game that Bielema said was “one of the most embarrassing losses for me personally as a head coach.”
- Sophomore wide receiver Jared Cornelius is making incredible progress on his road to recovery from an injury he sustained in the Razorbacks’ loss to Texas Tech in Week 3. Cornelius, who suffered a double fracture to his left arm, posted a video on Instagram of him catching passes without a cast on.
- This weekend’s contest between Arkansas and Alabama will be a reunion of sorts for Nick Saban and Razorback offensive coordinator Dan Enos. When Saban was at Michigan State as the defensive coordinator, Enos was a young quarterback.
- Every Arkansas fan knows how talented junior tight end Hunter Henry is, and on Wednesday, the versatile playmaker received the highest of praise from Alabama coach Nick Saban.
Other Arkansas news from around the Internet
- SB Nation’s Kevin Trahan took an in-depth look at what’s been missing from the Arkansas offense. To sum it up, it’s big plays, and Trahan has the stats to prove it.
- Basketball season is right around the corner, and Arkansas finalized TV information and game times Wednesday for all 31 games on the Razorbacks’ schedule.
Best stories around the SEC
- Tennessee dismisses wide receiver Pig Howard
- LSU-South Carolina game moved to Baton Rouge because of Columbia-area flooding
- Auburn DC Will Muschamp still frustrated with defense
- Point spread for LSU-South Carolina increases dramatically after location change
- Ole Miss CB Tee Shepard retires from football