4 things every Arkansas fan needs to know today
Good morning, Arkansas fans!
I’m sure many of you woke up with a big smile on your face following Saturday’s thrilling overtime win over Ole Miss. The Razorbacks are looking to end yet another season on a strong note, and it’s obvious how improved Arkansas is after getting some injured players back into the mix.
Here are four things to know:
- Coach Bret Bielema was obviously very excited to get the big win, and he expressed his thoughts on the game in his postgame press conference.
- The crazy lateral play that set up Arkansas’ overtime touchdown is under some scrutiny, as fans and analysts try to decipher if the play was legal. The NCAA rulebook reads like it wasn’t, but rules experts insist it is. Either way, Arkansas won.
- Bielema is always good for a hilarious quote or two following a win, and this week’s came on a slip-up about Bielema’s wife.
- The big Arkansas win has been pegged by some as the game of the year in the SEC, and it certainly had many highlight-worthy plays. Here’s the seven plays that tell the tale.
Other Arkansas news from around the Internet
- Want to relive the final moments of the thrilling win? Here’s Arkansas play-by-play man Chuck Barrett with the call.
- Matt Jones of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette had a nice story on quarterback Brandon Allen’s career day. Allen accounted for six of Arkansas’ seven touchdowns and scored the game-winning two-point conversion.
- If you’re a fan of tradition game recaps, here’s the Associated Press story from Saturday’s contest.
The best stories around the SEC
- Alabama RB Derrick Henry storms back into Heisman Trophy race
- Missouri players cease football-related activities as part of school protest
- Auburn won’t play another road game for 11 months