4 things every Arkansas fan needs to know today
Good morning, Razorback fans and welcome to the back side of the week. LSU looms Saturday as Arkansas prepares for the Battle of the Boot and a major SEC West tilt.
Arkansas fans made a hilarious video spoof of a famous restaurant commercial, Hogs quarterback Brandon Allen gets major recognition and coach Bret Bielema hopes some fans eat crow about Allen and basketball signings began.
Here are four things to know:
- It’s one thing when a restaurant wants to make customers stay for another round. It’s another thing when Arkansas fans want to relive one of their best memories ever by mimicking a commercial. It’s hilarious. Click here to see it
- Allen has had his ups and downs in his career on The Hill, but Bielema is hoping all the nay-sayers are eating crow right now.
- Bielema didn’t say his team would upset LSU, but rather his team would play “an upset LSU” team this week. But could Arkansas have what it takes to upset No. 9 LSU?
- Arkansas dipped into Louisiana to pull its first signee of the Class of 2016 as the early signing period for basketball began on Wednesday.
Other Arkansas news from around the Internet
- Regardless of what happens in tight end Hunter Henry’s career, he’ll always be remembered in Hog-lore for his Henry Heave that kept last Saturday’s 53-52 overtime win at Ole Miss alive. He was named to a national watch list for tight ends this week.
- Former Arkansas baseball player Dallas Keuchel won his second Gold Glove and became a finalist for the AL Cy Young Award.
- Arkansas defensive lineman DeMarcus Hodge, who graduated from Archbishop Rummel in New Orleans, is extra pumped about being named captain and going against his home state Tigers this weekend.
- Nine former Razorbacks got inducted into the Southwest Conference Hall of Fame, including former football coach Ken Hatfield, basketball player Todd Day and football player Billy Ray Smith Jr. http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/hodge-on-being-named-captain-for-lsu-game/
The best stories around the SEC
- This Alabama recruit said he wouldn’t wash his hand after shaking that of Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban.
- LSU coach Les Miles received a birthday cake that highlighted his playing and coaching career. The Hat plays the Hogs this Saturday.
- LSU and Miles are looking into possible NCAA violations surrounding running back Leonard Fournette’s family’s involvements with a web site.