3 things every Arkansas fan needs to know today
Good morning, Arkansas fans. Homecoming and Halloween on The Hill are the perfect mixture this week. Dress up, show up and cheer up the Hogs as the UT-Martin Skyhawks fly into town for homecoming. It’s the last non-conference game before the final four SEC games.
Arkansas needs a win to inch closer to the six wins needed for bowl eligibility. Here are the reasons all Hog fans need to keep in mind as homecoming approaches.
Here are three things to know:
- Arkansas coach Bret Bielema suspended wide receiver JoJo Robinson for not going to class. The suspension has opened the door for other receivers to get into the mix.
- There may be no in-state rivalry game in the near future between Arkansas and Arkansas State as each builds toward separate goals — both athletically and financially. And the only person, it seems, who could have possibly forced a game would have been former Governor Mike Beebe. And even he said sports has no role in politics.
- Injuries seem to be the story of Arkansas’ season thus far, with running back Rawleigh Williams suffering the most significant damage with a season-ending neck injury. But if the injuries keep piling up, the sideline could be a good place for triage training.
The best stories around the SEC
- Alabama coach Nick Saban has one of the best running backs in the country in Derrick Henry. But Alabama’s next opponent (LSU, Nov. 7) has one that draws the highest of praise from Saban himself, calling LSU’s Leonard Fournette “one of the best running backs that we’ve ever seen.”
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin said Ole Miss wide receiver Laquon Treadwell is one of the best receivers in the country, and that he’s glad he won’t have to face him anymore.
- Kentucky football commit Walker Wood was called “a linebacker playing quarterback” because of his speed, determination and elusiveness.