5 things every Arkansas fan needs to know today
Good morning, Arkansas fans. It was an emotional night Saturday for the Razorbacks’ faithful in a one-point loss to Mississippi State. If you’re strong enough to relive the pain, we’ve got all the storylines for you.
Here are five things to know:
- Despite the loss, quarterback Brandon Allen played the best game of his career, setting two school records in the process.
- Find out what coach Bret Beilema said after the stunning loss, which ended with a blocked field goal.
- After the loss, a fight broke out in the stands.
- On a lighter note, the Oxford Police Department acknowledged Allen’s dominant performance again.
- An Arkansas commit propelled his team to a playoff win despite playing with a hurt ankle.
Other Arkansas news from around the Internet
- Andrew Hutchinson of WholeHogSports.com has the full video of Bielema’s press conference.
- Hutchinson also has video of several players, including Allen.
- With seven touchdowns and more than 400 yards through the air, Allen had been nearly perfect all night. But when it mattered the most, the Razorbacks didn’t put the game in his hands, the Arkansas News Bureau’s Eric Bolin wrote.
- Saturday was a quarterback showdown between Dak Prescott and Allen, the AP’s Kurt Voigt wrote.
- If you’re really feeling brave, SEC Network has video of the Mississippi State locker room after the game.
The best stories around the SEC
- Gary Pinkel coached his final home game for Missouri on Saturday. Even though the Tigers lost, his players made sure to make his final moments memorable.
- Georgia Southern is making T-shirts based off Alabama coach Nick Saban’s tin horn rant.
- LSU coach Les Miles is on the hot seat, but his players are standing by him.
- LSU’s athletic director said a decision about Miles’ future won’t be made until the end of the season, according to a report.
- Ohio State lost Saturday, meaning the Buckeyes might not be in the College Football Playoff. One Alabama player is a little bummed about that.