Arkansas bowl projections after 2-4 start
Arkansas can still play its way into a decent bowl game this year or just play spoiler and stay home for bowl season. The latest bowl projections were released and the Razorbacks are picked by two prognosticators to land in the Birmingham Bowl on Dec. 30 and by another to play in the Independence Bowl. The rest of the projections have as many as 11 SEC teams in bowl games with Arkansas, Vanderbilt and South Carolina staying at home.
Arkansas (2-4, 1-2 in SEC) will host Auburn this Saturday. The Tigers, which hang at the bottom of the SEC West at 1-2 with Arkansas, are projected to go to the Outback Bowl to play a surging Michigan team.
With the expansion of three bowls this year, 84 of the 128 FBS teams will be eligible to make a bowl game. Arkansas needs to win four more games to be eligible. The Razorbacks will play UT-Martin on Oct. 31 before road trips to Ole Miss and LSU and will finish the season at home against Mississippi State and Missouri.
Here are the bowl projections for the Razorbacks after Week 7:
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy): Birmingham Bowl (Birmingham, Ala.) — Arkansas vs. East Carolina
- SB Nation (Jason Kirk): Birmingham Bowl — Arkansas vs. Memphis
- CBS Sports (Jerry Palm): Arkansas was not listed in Palm’s bowl projections
- Sporting News (Bill Bender): Arkansas was not listed in Bender’s bowl projections
- ESPN (Greg Ostendorf): Camping World Independence Bowl (Shreveport, La.) — No opponent listed