Arkansas coach Bret Bielema: WR Cody Hollister “On the brink of playing”
Arkansas junior wide receiver Cody Hollister appears to be back on good footing. Translation: His foot injury seems to be behind him.
Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said on Wednesday’s SEC teleconference that Hollister has worked hard and will travel with the team to Ole Miss for Saturday’s game.
“It looks like he’s on the brink of playing,” Bielema said.
Hollister sustained a foot injury at practice on Sept. 16, days after having the best game of his career — four catches for 65 yards in the 16-12 loss to Toledo. Hollister has 17 career receptions for 202 yards and one touchdown.
Arkansas’ wide receiver unit has been a revolving door all year long with injuries, suspensions and dismissals.
- Drew Morgan, the team’s leading receiver, has played through a nagging shoulder injury.
- Keon Hatcher is rehabilitating a foot injury and has missed time.
- Jared Cornelius missed time and returned after a gruesome arm injury against Texas Tech.
- JoJo Robinson was suspended for not going to class, and then he and Kendrick Edwards opted to leave the team and seek transfers to other schools.
- Running back Rawleigh Williams III, who caught five passes out of the backfield this season, suffered a season-ending neck injury against Auburn.
With senior quarterback Brandon Allen getting in a groove and directing the offense at a high level, every receiver he can get back will keep this offense on good footing.
- Wild Hog scenario: How Arkansas can win the SEC West
- 2 things every Arkansas fan needs to know today