OXFORD, Miss. — Arkansas will face Ole Miss at 11 a.m. CT Saturday inside Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.
To help get you ready for the game, SEC Country is providing pregame observations from the stadium until kickoff. You can also click here to see score predictions and players to watch, and click here for how to watch on TV or online.
Here’s the rundown of information gathered from the sidelines prior to kickoff:
- Weather report: It is fairly cold (40 degrees) and sunny at the stadium. It rained most of Friday night, but the field looks to be in fine shape.
- Arkansas quarterback Austin Allen made the trip, as expected. But all indications are Cole Kelley will make his third consecutive start. He’s receiving most of the instruction from offensive coordinator Dan Enos in pregame. Allen is still recovering from a shoulder injury.
- Connor Limpert and Cole Hedlund are the only two kickers who traveled to the game today. Blake Mazza had traveled with those two in the past, but it appears Limpert and Hedlund have established themselves.
- As is often the case in games the second half of the season, lots of NFL scouts here. Scouts from Dallas, Washington and Detroit all spent a good long while talking with Razorbacks running backs coach Reggie Mitchell.
- The offensive line starters are out. Colton Jackson at left tackle. Hjalte Froholdt at left guard. Zach Rogers at center. Johnny Gibson at right guard. Brian Wallace at right tackle. This unit has struggled all year long and is now without All-American Frank Ragnow. This is their first game without him.
- We have a word on quarterback Austin Allen. He is dressed and on the field, but will not play today as he continues to recover from a shoulder injury he suffered three weeks ago against South Carolina. Allen, the SEC’s leading returning passer, has not played since.
- It’s a pretty brutal crowd here at Vaught-Hemingway. The north end zone is practically empty.
This story will be updated.