OXFORD, Miss. — The Arkansas-Ole Miss football game Saturday matches two teams coming off difficult losses in SEC play.
The Rebels will host the Razorbacks on Saturday, October 28, 2017. Find game time, TV channel and information on how to watch online below.
Arkansas-Ole Miss game time, details
Date: Saturday, October 28
Time: 11 a.m. CT
Location: Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, Oxford, Miss.
Line: Ole Miss -3 1/2
Which TV channel is Arkansas-Ole Miss on?
Arkansas and Ole Miss will be broadcast on SEC Network.
Can I watch Arkansas-Ole Miss online?
Arkansas and Ole Miss can be viewed online via WatchESPN. (Cable or satellite subscription required to log in.)
Where can I find Arkansas-Ole Miss on the radio?
Arkansas-Ole Miss preview
The Hogs (2-5 overall, 0-4 SEC) have lost their last five conference games and seven straight against Power 5 teams. They are coming off a 52-20 loss at home to Auburn.
The second half has been especially rough for the Razorbacks as they’ve failed to outscore their past 10 FBS opponents over the final two quarters. They are also 0-18 under embattled coach Bret Bielema when trailing at halftime.
Ole Miss (3-4, 1-3) lost at home to LSU 40-24 last Saturday. The Rebels will cap a string of three consecutive home games Saturday, the first of which was a 57-35 win against Vanderbilt.
The overall series between the SEC West rivals sits at 35-28-1 in favor of the Razorbacks. The have won the last three games with the Rebels. The Hogs’ last trip to Oxford provided one of the best games in program history, a 53-52 overtime victory.
Here are a few notes ahead of the game:
- Quarterback health: Hogs quarterback Austin Allen is considered questionable to play with a shoulder injury. He sustained the injury in the loss at South Carolina on Oct. 7. Redshirt freshman Cole Kelley has started the past two games in Allen’s place. Ole Miss will definitely be without its starting quarterback. Sophomore Shea Patterson is expected to miss the rest of the season after suffering a right knee injury against LSU.
- Can’t stop the scoring: These two teams feature a pair of the worst scoring defenses in the SEC. The Razorbacks are 12th in the conference at 35.7 points per game allowed. The Rebels are one spot worse, allowing 37.4 points per contest.
- Tackle machines: While these defenses have been poor overall, they still have a couple of individual standouts. Razorbacks inside linebacker De’Jon Harris leads the SEC with 39 solo tackles this season. Ole Miss linebacker DeMarquis Gates is second in the SEC with 36.
- Someone must cover: If you’re the betting type, good luck deciding who to go with picking the spread in this game with Ole Miss as a 3 1/2-point favorite. Both teams are 1-5 this season against the spread. Taking the over (65 1/2) is the safer bet statistically. The Rebels have gone over in five of their six games this season. The Hogs have done so in four of their past five.
- Powder blue game: Ole Miss advises its fans to wear white (before Labor Day), red, navy or powder blue for each game, home and away. Saturday will be the Rebels’ first and only powder blue game of the season. That has no definite correlation on which uniform combination the team will wear.