Welcome to SEC Country’s daily Arkansas Razorbacks recruiting notebook. In this edition, we discuss the weekend visitors and an offer for Chad Morris’ son.
Arkansas expects 8 major targets this weekend
One of Arkansas’ most impressive official visit weekends in quite some time has arrived. The Razorbacks are expected to host eight top targets in the 2019 class. Four of those are 4-star prospects according to the 247Sports composite. The Hogs have four commitments in the 2019 class and would love to see that number grow as the result of a great weekend for the visitors.
Here is the list of expected official visitors this weekend:
- RB Darwin Barlow, 3 stars, Newton (Texas): Arkansas will likely have room for just one running back in the 2019 class. If Barlow is going to be that guy, this may be the time he and the Razorbacks come to that decision. The spot may not be available much longer; Arkansas is among the top choices of several running backs.
- ATH Josh Foster, 3 stars, Newton (Texas): Foster helped lead Newton to a state title last season as a quarterback. His future, however, appears to be at wide receiver or defensive back. He is talented enough Arkansas potentially would take his commitment without a position set and figure that part out later.
- RB Marcus Major, 4 stars, Millwood (Oklahoma City): Oklahoma is widely viewed as the heavy favorite for Major. If nothing else, at least the Hogs are giving themselves a chance after recruiting him very hard for the last several months.
- WR Shamar Nash, 4 stars, IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.): The Missouri commit has been high on Arkansas. This is his second trip to Fayetteville within the past three months; he had a successful visit in late March. A flip to Arkansas is a real possibility.
- WR Trey Knox, 4 stars, Blackman (Murfreesboro, Tenn.): Like Nash, Knox is among a handful of very talented 2019 prospects wide receivers coach Justin Stepp has Arkansas in the mix to get. Knox visited Fayetteville once, so a second trip is a sign he is serious about the Hogs despite his many impressive offers.
- DE Mataio Soli, 3 stars, Douglas County (Douglasville, Ga.): Soli recently announced his top 3 of Arkansas, Auburn and Florida. The Hogs have a great chance at landing a major commitment here, which could come soon if this weekend goes perfectly.
- DT Carl Williams, 3 stars, Lufkin (Texas): Williams has been one of Arkansas’ top priorities in the class since Chad Morris was hired in early December. As a result, the Hogs should be viewed ahead of this trip as the favorite to land his commitment.
- CB Bobby Wolfe, 4 stars, Madison (Houston): With cornerbacks coach Mark Smith serving as his lead recruiter, Arkansas has rapidly gained ground as one of Wolfe’s top options. He’s expected to announce his commitment at The Opening Finals next month, so this trip is crucial for the Hogs’ chances.
Clemson offers Chad Morris’ son
Chandler Morris, the son of Arkansas coach Chad Morris, is making the rounds at several college camps across the country this summer.
One of his stops included Clemson this week. The 2020 quarterback was impressive enough to reportedly receive an offer from the Tigers. Clemson is his first reported offer.
Morris (6-foot, 170 pounds) is set to take over as the starting quarterback at Highland Park (Dallas) next season. He served as the backup to 2018 Arkansas signee John Stephen Jones last season. Morris completed 10 of 24 attempts with appearances in 4 of the Scots’ 15 games. Highland Park won a second consecutive state title last season.
Chandler’s camp tour is set to make a stop in Fayetteville for Arkansas’ elite QB/WR academy June 14.
Miss a previous edition? Find every SEC Country daily Arkansas Razorbacks recruiting notebook right here.