Arkansas softball is set to open the Norman Regional at 11:30 a.m. CT Friday against Tulsa.
Oklahoma is the regional host. All games are scheduled to be played at the Sooners’ Marita Hynes Field in Norman, Okla.
The Razorbacks received an at-large bid to make the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2013. Under the guidance of second-year coach Courtney Deifel, they’ve improved their regular-season win total from last season by 14 games.
Below are all the details for the upcoming games in the Norman Regional.
Arkansas softball, Norman Regional field
- Oklahoma (50-8)
- Tulsa (39-15)
- Arkansas (31-22)
- North Dakota State (28-31)
Arkansas softball, Norman Regional format
The four-team regional round of the NCAA Tournament uses a double-elimination format, meaning a team will be eliminated after losing two games.
Arkansas softball, Norman Regional game times
(All times CT)
Game 1: Arkansas vs. Tulsa, 11:30 a.m. (SEC Network)
Game 2: Oklahoma vs. North Dakota State, 2 p.m. (WatchESPN)
Game 3: Game 1 winner vs. Game 2 winner, 1:30 p.m. (TV TBD)
Game 4: Game 1 loser vs. Game 2 loser (Elimination game), 4 p.m. (TV TBD)
Game 5: Game 3 loser vs. Game 4 winner (Elimination game), 6:30 p.m. (TV TBD)
Game 6: Game 3 winner vs. Game 5 winner, 1:30 p.m. (TV TBD)
Game 7 (if necessary): Game 6 winner vs. Game 6 loser, 4 p.m. (TV TBD)
How to watch Arkansas softball
The Razorbacks’ first game on Friday can be viewed on the SEC Network and will be streamed on WatchESPN. Television broadcasts for the NCAA softball regionals are announced on a daily basis depending on how the prior games finished. Meanwhile, all games will be streamed live online on WatchESPN.
Arkansas softball stats and numbers
• Arkansas is in the tournament for the first time since 2013 and seventh time in program history.
• This is the sixth time in the seven tournament appearances Arkansas will play in a regional hosted by Oklahoma. The Sooners are the No. 10 overall seed and defending national champions.
• The Razorbacks will be facing Tulsa for a third time this season. The Golden Hurricane won the first meeting, 8-0, in Tulsa (March 15) and the Hogs took the second, 3-1, at Bogle Park (April 11).
• Arkansas leads the SEC with 57 home runs. Nicole Schroeder has 16 of those, a single-season school record, and Tori Cooper has 10.
• The Hogs were one of 13 SEC teams to make the 2017 NCAA softball postseason. Every SEC school besides Vanderbilt has a softball team. It’s the first time since 2007 that a conference sent all its softball teams to the postseason, and just the second time in history.