Arkansas softball is set to play Saturday night with its season on the line. The Razorbacks fell 5-4 to Tulsa in their opener at the Norman Regional on Friday.
Oklahoma is the regional host. The Sooners had their matchup with North Dakota State suspended due to inclement weather. That game is now scheduled to resume Saturday at 1:30 p.m. with North Dakota State leading 2-0 in the first inning.
All games are scheduled to be played at Marita Hynes Field in Norman, Okla. Below are all the details for the upcoming games in the Norman Regional.
Arkansas softball, Norman Regional field
- Oklahoma (50-8)
- Tulsa (40-15)
- Arkansas (31-23)
- North Dakota State (28-31)
Arkansas softball, Norman Regional format
The four-team regional round of the NCAA Tournament uses a double-elimination format, meaning a team will be eliminated after losing two games.
Arkansas softball, Norman Regional game times
(All times CT)
Game 1: Tulsa 5, Arkansas 4
Game 2: Oklahoma vs. North Dakota State (Resumes with NDSU leading 2-0 in first), 1:30 p.m. (WatchESPN)
Game 3: Tulsa vs. Game 2 winner, 5:30 p.m. (WatchESPN)
Game 4: Arkansas vs. Game 2 loser (Elimination game), 8 p.m. (WatchESPN)
Game 5: Game 4 winner vs. Game 3 loser, TBD (TV TBD)
Game 6: Game 3 winner vs. Game 5 winner, TBD (TV TBD)
Game 7 (if necessary) date, time and TV is TBD
How to watch Arkansas softball
Television broadcasts for the NCAA softball regionals are announced on a daily basis depending on how the prior games finished. Meanwhile, all games will be streamed live online on WatchESPN.
Arkansas softball stats and numbers
• Arkansas is in the tournament for the first time since 2013 and seventh time in program history.
• This is the sixth time in the seven tournament appearances the Razorbacks are playing in a regional hosted by Oklahoma. The Sooners are the No. 10 overall seed and defending national champions.
• The Razorbacks faced Tulsa for a third time this season Friday. The Golden Hurricane now hold a 2-1 advantage in the season series after hitting a walk-off solo home run with the game tied in the bottom of the seventh. Tulsa scored the clinching run a half inning after the Hogs tied the game with a solo home run by Katie Warrick.
• Arkansas belted 2 home runs Friday, bringing its season total to 59. Nicole Schroeder homered in the second inning against Tulsa, extending her school single-season record to 17.
• The Hogs are one of 13 SEC teams in the 2017 NCAA softball postseason. Every SEC school besides Vanderbilt has a softball team. It’s the first time since 2007 that a conference sent all its softball teams to the postseason, and just the second time in history.