FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — The No. 25-ranked Arkansas Razorbacks softball team returns to SEC action at home this weekend against the No. 14 Tennessee Volunteers.
Arkansas jumped out to the best start in program history this season, winning 19 of its first 20 games, but are on a four-game losing streak after being swept at Alabama last weekend, then dropping an 8-0 decision Wednesday at Tulsa.
Tennessee, meanwhile, has won eight of its last nine contests. The Volunteers had a Tuesday night game scheduled against No. 4 Auburn in Columbia, Tenn., but that contest was canceled due to weather.
Here is a quick look at the Arkansas-Tennessee softball series:
Arkansas vs. Tennessee softball game time, details
- Dates/times: 7 p.m. Friday; 2 p.m. Saturday; noon Sunday (all times listed are Eastern)
- Location: Bogle Park; Fayetteville, Ark.
- Rankings: Tennessee (21-3 overall, 2-1 SEC) is No. 14 in the ESPN/USA Softball poll and No. 15 in the USA Today/NFCA poll. Arkansas (19-4, 0-3 SEC) is ranked 25th in the ESPN poll and is sitting outside the Top 25 in the USA Today rankings. The Razorbacks’ appearance in last week’s ESPN poll marked their first week as a ranked team since 2013.
- Series history: Tennessee leads the all-time series 36-14 over Arkansas and swept last year’s three-game regular-season series in Knoxville. Arkansas earned its last win over the Lady Vols in 2014 in Fayetteville.
- Promotions: Friday — “Bingo Friday,” in which fans have a chance to win prizes playing softball bingo, and team posters, schedule cards and magnets will be available; Saturday — The first 200 fans will receive an Arkansas Razorbacks cellphone wallet
Where can I watch the Arkansas vs. Tennessee softball games?
- The Arkansas-Tennessee softball series will not be televised, but all 3 games will be available for streaming on WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app.
Where can I follow live stats for the Arkansas vs. Tennessee softball games?
- Live stats are available on ArkansasRazorbacks.com.