3 things every Auburn fan needs to know today
Saturday’s loss was a tough one for the Tigers. Auburn hung around with No. 19 Ole Miss all afternoon, but was ultimately defeated, 27-19.
There was plenty of reaction from coach Gus Malzahn and his players, and a former highly-touted junior college tailback impressed in his first start for the Tigers.
Here are three things to know:
- The Tigers are 4-4 and have an uphill battle ahead just to become bowl eligible. But Malzahn still believes Auburn can compete with any team in the nation.
- Defensive lineman Carl Lawson returned to action for the first time since injuring his hip in Week 1. Lawson took the blame for Auburn’s defensive struggles, but vowed that the Tigers would bounce back from this recent defeat.
- Junior running back Jovon Robinson finally showed Auburn fans his talent. Robinson rushed 18 times for 91 yards in relief of the banged up Peyton Barber.
Other Auburn stories from around the Internet
- Auburn pulled plenty of rabbits out of Malzahn’s hat, but there weren’t enough to take down Ole Miss, wrote the Montgomery Advertiser’s Matthew Stevens.
- AL.com’s Brandon Marcello wrote about quarterback Sean White, who said he wasn’t sure how long his knee injury would linger.
- The Opelika-Auburn News’ Tom Green wrote about how Auburn’s fourth-down and red-zone failures doomed the Tigers against Ole Miss.