3 things every Auburn fan needs to know today
Auburn (4-4, 1-4 SEC) continues to prepare for a road game against Texas A&M (6-2, 3-2 SEC) this Saturday. The Tigers need to win at least two of their final four games to become bowl eligible. Away from the field, the Tigers received good news on the recruiting trail Wednesday.
Here are three things to know:
- Former Florida State quarterback John Franklin III will transfer to Auburn. Franklin, who has drawn comparisons to former Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall, spent this season playing football at a junior college.
- Starting quarterback Sean White and running back Peyton Barber are back at practice after being limited with injuries last week.
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin, who coaches one of the best defensive ends in the country, gave high praise to Auburn defensive end Carl Lawson.
Other Auburn news from around the Internet
- The men’s basketball team will get back two key players from injury for its final exhibition game.
- Two members of the equestrian team were named SEC riders of the month.
- A list (with video) of the top 20 dunkers in college basketball this season. An Auburn player is in the top five.