3 things every Auburn fan needs to know today
The regular season ended in disappointing fashion for Auburn with its loss to Alabama in the Iron Bowl, but the Tigers (6-6, 2-6 SEC) still have a chance to finish with a winning record as they await their bowl selection.
Here are three things to know:
- Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp is getting serious consideration for the South Carolina head coaching job. Muschamp is in the first year of a three-year contract he signed with the Tigers, but he is free to exit his contract on Dec. 6.
- Junior quarterback Jeremy Johnson wants to stay at Auburn next season, according to his high school coach. Johnson was benched after three games, but he started the final four games of the season. The 6-foot-5 passer will have some stiff competition for the starting job if he returns.
- Running backs coach Tim Horton is reportedly out of the running for the North Texas head coaching position. Horton was one of seven candidates to apply for the job, per a second report.
Other Auburn news from around the Internet
- From AL.com’s James Crepea: Men’s basketball guard Tahj Shamsid-Deen could miss two weeks with a shoulder injury.
- From AL.com’s Wesley Sinor: Highly-rated wide receiver prospect Ahmmon Richards said Alabama no longer leads in his recruitment after an official visit to Auburn during the Iron Bowl.