Auburn finished the regular season with a 6-6 record, so the Tigers will be spectators this week while the college football conference championships are decided across the country. But the Tigers have not played their last game, as they wait to find out which team they will be playing during bowl season.
Here are three things to know:
- A look at the bowl projections for Auburn. The team may want to book a trip to Birmingham.
- Will Auburn be able to keep defensive coordinator Will Muschamp? The former head coach is drawing interest from multiple openings around the country.
- One Alabama legend thinks Muschamp’s outburst at officials during the Iron Bowl “really hurt” Auburn.
- Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart, who is expected to be named UGA coach in a matter of days, is reportedly interested in bringing Muschamp over to the Bulldogs.
Other Auburn news from around the Internet
- From The Players Tribune: Abby Lutzenkirchen, who is the sister of former Auburn tight end Phillip Lutzenkirchen, profiles her brother’s life. Lutzenkirchen tragically died in a car accident in 2014.
- From AL.com’s Brandon Marcello: How does former Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville feel about potentially facing the Tigers in a bowl game? Tuberville currently coaches Cincinnati and his son Tucker is a senior quarterback at Auburn.