Auburn has had two practices in preparation for a matchup against San Jose State on Saturday.
It is the Tigers’ homecoming game, but more importantly they are attempting to stop a two-game losing streak. Auburn is also in 0-2 in the SEC.
Here is what every Auburn fan should know on Tuesday:
- Coach Gus Malzahn spoke on his weekly radio show Monday night. Despite scoring just nine points, he thought the Auburn offense was in rhythm for the first time all season on Saturday.
- The attorney of former Auburn baseball coach Sunny Golloway released a strongly-worded letter refuting the coach’s firing. The letter threatened litigation against Auburn and took a shot at current Auburn basketball coach Bruce Pearl.
- A former LSU wide receiver commit has Auburn in his top six schools.
Other Auburn news from around the internet
- From Ryan Black of 247sports: Auburn’s point output on Saturday was rare for a team with Gus Malzahn calling the plays.
- From Tom Green of the Opelika-Auburn News: A detailed look at the contract of dismissed baseball coach Sunny Golloway.
- San Jose State running back Tyler Ervins will face Auburn’s defense on Saturday. He is in the top-3 of a list with LSU running back and Heisman candidate Leonard Fournette.
The best stories around the SEC
- Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott will return to Texas A&M on Saturday with a lot less stress than he had in his last trip to Kyle Field.
- Alabama coach Nick Saban compared the current Georgia team to some of his previous Alabama squads.
- Former Missouri defensive end Michael Sam wondered aloud if coming out affected his NFL chances.
- Did the Kentucky men’s basketball team lose its perfect season because coach John Calipari was too loyal?
- LSU running back Leonard Fournette has the highest current odds to win the Heisman Trophy.
Gus Malzahn on offense: "For the first time I felt like we were in rhythm." #Auburn
— Jordan James (@JJ_AJC) September 29, 2015