3 things every Auburn fan needs to know today
Auburn coach Gus Malzahn met with the media on Thursday during the press conference for the Birmingham Bowl. Malzahn did not provide much insight into the defensive coordinator search, but he gave some more details on the state of the team as it prepares to face Memphis on Dec. 30.
Here are three things to know:
- Florida State coach Charles Kelly is reportedly expected to become the next Tigers’ defensive coordinator.
- Malzahn said that current Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee has “everything it takes” to be a head coach. Lashlee has been linked to multiple openings since the regular season ended.
- A defensive tackle ranked in the top 100 swapped Auburn for FSU in his top three.
Other Auburn news from around the Internet
- From the Montgomery Advertiser’s Matthew Stevens: Malzahn expects quarterback Jeremy Johnson to return to Auburn next season. The junior started the final four games after being benched earlier in the season.
- From AL.com’s Brandon Marcello: A Florida State recruit says Seminoles’ defensive coordinator Charles Kelly “isn’t going anywhere.”
- From 247sports’ Ryan Black: Sophomore kicker Daniel Carlson falls short of Lou Groza Award for nation’s top placekicker.