All eyes will be on the College Football Playoff championship game between Alabama and Clemson on Monday, but the next major event for Auburn comes in just under a month on National Signing Day. With new defensive coordinator Kevin Steele in place, the Tigers hope to finish strong on the recruiting trail.
Here are three things to know:
- Auburn junior offensive tackle Shon Coleman will declare for NFL draft.
- Auburn defensive end Carl Lawson will return for the 2016 season.
- Auburn’s stifling work against Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch is an encouraging sign for 2016.
Other Auburn news from around the Internet
- From AL.com’s Creg Stephenson: How an overtime loss to Auburn helped spark Jacksonville State’s run to the FCS title game.
- From the Opelika-Auburn News’ Tom Green: New Tigers defensive coordinator Kevin Steele believes Auburn is ”not a hard sell” to top recruits.
- From 247sports’ Ryan Black: For the men’s basketball team, a lack of “breakdown guys” hampers Tigers’ offense
The best stories around the SEC
- Possible replacements for former Tennessee defensive coordinator John Jancek after a parting of ways on Tuesday.
- Reggie Ragland says Alabama has dedicated the season to fallen former teammate Altee Tenpenny.
- Report: Washington athletic director Scott Woodward to be named next Texas A&M athletic director