3 things every Auburn fan needs to know today
So much for an uneventful bye week for the Auburn Tigers.
Auburn dismissed senior wide receiver D’haquille “Duke” Williams from the program late Monday night, leaving the Tigers (3-2, 0-2 SEC) without a star offensive weapon as the team prepares for a matchup with Kentucky Thursday Oct. 15.
Auburn coach Gus Malzahn will speak with the media on Tuesday morning.
Here is what you need to know about Auburn today:
- Read Malzahn’s statement about the dismissal of Williams. It was the third strike for the talented receiver.
- Auburn has a lot to correct during the bye week, which comes at a perfect time for the Tigers.
- A 4-star receiver is still receiving interest from Auburn, although he is currently committed to the USC Trojans.
Other Auburn news from around the Internet
- Who will step up at receiver after the dismissal of Williams?
- Here’s a timeline of Williams’ career at Auburn, starting with his commitment to the Tigers in 2013.
- In more positive news for an Auburn receiver, senior Johnathan Wallace was named to the named to the annual Good Works Team, which recognizes student-athletes for dedication and commitment to community service.
The best stories around the SEC
- Missouri quarterback Drew Lock will get a second straight start
- Texas A&M alumnus takes over as Miami Dolphins interim coach
- Despite flooding, South Carolina still holds Monday practice
- Tennessee quarterback commit sustains season-ending injury
- Florida jumps to No. 4 in SEC Country Power Rankings
— Auburn Football (@FootballAU) October 5, 2015