So much for an uneventful bye week for the Auburn Tigers.
Auburn dismissed senior wide receiver D’haquille “Duke” Williams from the program late Monday night, leaving the Tigers (3-2, 0-2 SEC) without a star offensive weapon as the team prepares for a matchup with Kentucky Thursday Oct. 15.
Auburn coach Gus Malzahn will speak with the media on Tuesday morning.
Here is what you need to know about Auburn today:
- Read Malzahn’s statement about the dismissal of Williams. It was the third strike for the talented receiver.
- Auburn has a lot to correct during the bye week, which comes at a perfect time for the Tigers.
- A 4-star receiver is still receiving interest from Auburn, although he is currently committed to the USC Trojans.
Other Auburn news from around the Internet
- Who will step up at receiver after the dismissal of Williams?
- Here’s a timeline of Williams’ career at Auburn, starting with his commitment to the Tigers in 2013.
- In more positive news for an Auburn receiver, senior Johnathan Wallace was named to the named to the annual Good Works Team, which recognizes student-athletes for dedication and commitment to community service.
The best stories around the SEC
- Missouri quarterback Drew Lock will get a second straight start
- Texas A&M alumnus takes over as Miami Dolphins interim coach
- Despite flooding, South Carolina still holds Monday practice
- Tennessee quarterback commit sustains season-ending injury
- Florida jumps to No. 4 in SEC Country Power Rankings
— Auburn Football (@FootballAU) October 5, 2015