3 things every Auburn fan needs to know today
Auburn’s two game winning streak came to an end on Saturday in gut-wrenching fashion.
Auburn (4-3, 1-3 SEC) lost 54-46 in a marathon four overtime game against Arkansas. It was a disappointing ending after Auburn tied the game three times in regulation, including a field goal as time expired to to force the first overtime. Auburn could not come up with enough timely plays to get the win.
Now, the Tigers turn their attention to a home matchup on Halloween against Ole Miss.
Here are three things to know:
- Hear what Auburn coach Gus Malzahn had to say after the loss to Arkansas. “We didn’t seize the opportunity,” Malzahn told reporters after the game.
- Injured Auburn defensive back Josh Holsey commented on Auburn’s issues with dropped passes in the first half of Saturday’s game. The Tigers finished the game with nine total drops.
- Auburn’s receiving corps took another hit when Stanton Truitt left the game with a shoulder injury. The team dismissed senior wide receiver Duke Williams earlier this season.
Other Auburn news from around the Internet
- Ricardo Louis was not happy after he dropped five passes in the loss to Arkansas. “I’m going to come back next week and make Ole Miss pay for it,” Louis said.
- The Auburn defense came up huge stop to defeat Kentucky last week, but the unit could not get a stop in the overtime periods. One player said, “They ran the same play over and over again, and we didn’t stop it.”
- Current receivers coach Dameyune Craig has now been involved in the only two four-overtime games in Auburn history. Neither went in favor of the Tigers.
The best stories around the SEC
- Alabama players celebrated with cigars after a win over Tennessee.
- Butch Jones: “There are no moral victories” at Tennessee
- Bret Bielema: “Alex Collins pissed me off. He was late for breakfast this morning”
- A Mississippi State cheerleader, yes a cheerleader, taunted a Kentucky player.
- Jim McElwain does “Gator chomp” after 5-star recruit scores TD-