3 things every Auburn fan needs to know today
Auburn enters its bye week with a 3-2 record after defeating San Jose State 35-21 on Saturday.
After high preseason expectations, Auburn’s season has not developed how many expected it would. The bye week will give Auburn a well-needed break before five consecutive conference games.
The Tigers appear to have found a go-to guy at running back with sophomore Peyton Barber, but the situation at quarterback doesn’t seem nearly as settled and will probably be a hot topic during the bye week.
Here is what you need to know about Auburn today:
- Coach Gus Malzahn is looking forward to the bye week so the coaches can catch their breath.
- Peyton Barber had one of the best games in Auburn history on Saturday.
- Watch Auburn fans throw a San Jose State extra point out of Jordan-Hare Stadium.
Other Auburn news from around the internet
- Auburn forced four key turnovers on Saturday. Hear what some members of the defense had to say after the game.
- Quarterback Sean White made his second career start against San Jose State, but Malzahn still won’t commit to him as the starter for the rest of the season. Auburn also broke out a new wildcat package on Saturday featuring freshman running back Kerryon Johnson.
- Barber has taken over the majority of the carries for Auburn, but he contemplated transferring before the season.
Best stories from around the SEC
- Florida is now a legitimate contender in the SEC after a dominating win over No. 3 Ole Miss.
- Tennessee blew its third fourth quarter lead of the season in a loss to Arkansas.
- A Texas A&M wide receiver was ejected for targeting on a huge hit in the Aggies’ win against Mississippi State.
- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier griped about the officiating after the Gamecocks loss to Missouri.
- LSU running back Leonard Fournette called out his team after a 44-22 win over Eastern Michigan.
— SEC Network (@SECNetwork) October 3, 2015