AUBURN, Ala. — Four-star offensive tackle Austin Troxell has committed to Auburn.
He committed following a visit to Auburn on Saturday.
Troxell, a Madison (Ala.) Academy star, was split between Alabama and Auburn for several months during the recruiting process.
“It’s a burden lifted off my shoulders,” Troxell said after his visit to Auburn. “I finally got my decision made. No looking bad. One hundred percent Auburn right now. I’m ready.”
Troxell said the commitment is final and he will not visit any other schools this fall.
“Nothing against any other school, I just fit in here best personally,” Troxell said. “It fits me the best. That’s what made my decision for me.”
The 6-foot-7, 275-pounder is rated the nation’s No. 13 offensive tackle in the country, according to 247Sports.
The laid-back atmosphere at Auburn’s annual Big Cat Weekend in early June was a “big day for me” and “basically finalized my decision,” Troxell said.
Troxell is the ninth commitment in Auburn’s 2017 class. He is the second blue-chip offensive lineman to commit to the Tigers, joining five-star tackle Calvin Ashley. He is rated the nation’s No. 3 tackle.
Auburn’s coaches took to Twitter to react to the news of Troxell’s commitment.
— Herb Hand (@CoachHand) June 18, 2016
Waaaaarrrrrrrrrr Eagle!!! #AmbUsh17 keeps loading up ?
— Rhett Lashlee (@rhettlashlee) June 18, 2016
— Coach Gus Malzahn (@CoachGusMalzahn) June 18, 2016
Auburn’s recruiting weekend
- 4-star offensive tackle picks Auburn over Alabama
- 4-star quarterback Kellen Mond to choose between Auburn, Texas A&M soon
- 4-star receiver Hezekiah Jones enjoyed visit to Auburn ‘a lot’
- Auburn ‘winning the state’ in recruiting, says Tigers commit
- 4-star linebacker KJ Britt could delay decision
- Linebacker De’Andre Wilder visits Auburn, includes Tigers in top 5