Auburn (3-2, 0-2 SEC) had its second practice of the week on Monday. The Tigers have a short week to prepare for a Thursday night matchup with Kentucky (4-1, 2-1 SEC).
Auburn coach Gus Malzahn addressed the media on Monday afternoon. He will speak again on the SEC coaches teleconference Wednesday before the team travels to Lexington.
Here is what you need to know about Auburn today:
- The odds are in Auburn’s favor. The Tigers are a slight favorite over Kentucky.
- The team is still dealing with fallout from the dismissal of former wide receiver Duke Williams. An offensive lineman will miss time after suffering a jaw injury in the altercation that led to Williams being dismissed from the program.
- An Auburn defensive back is not happy about the suspension of Florida starting quarterback Will Grier.
- Find out what time the Auburn vs. Arkansas game will start next Saturday.
Other Auburn news from around the internet
- Auburn will name the starting quarterback for the Kentucky game today, maybe.
- Auburn’s other receivers are stepping up after the dismissal of Duke Williams.
- Can the Tigers find their explosiveness on offense? The coaching staff hopes for a breakthrough on Thursday.
The best stories around the SEC
- The legendary coaching career of South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier appears to be over. The Old Ball Coach is retiring.
- Florida will be without starting quarterback Will Grier for the rest of the season after he was suspended on Monday.
- Ole Miss still expects a decision on the eligibility of star offensive lineman Laremy Tunsil from the NCAA this week.
- A former Texas A&M wide receiver will be charged with murder in Dallas.
- Kentucky running back Stanley “Boom” Williams will start against Auburn on Thursday after missing time for “personal reasons.”
In the span of a couple of days the SEC lost Nick Chubb, Steve Spurrier and Will Grier. Craziness
— Edward Aschoff (@AschoffESPN) October 13, 2015