There was plenty of Auburn news to cap off the weekend so let’s get straight to it.
Here are four things to know:
- Former Auburn running back and current Carolina Panthers tailback Cameron Artis-Payne was arrested Sunday in North Carolina for speeding.
- Quarterback signee Woody Barrett is willing to become a role player at Auburn.
- Auburn is evaluating a wide receiver that comes from Barrett’s neighborhood.
- Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin took a jab at Auburn on Saturday and Tigers fans responded with some clever trolling of their own.
Other Auburn news from around the Internet
- Jordan-Hare Stadium was packed over the weekend, but it wasn’t for an Auburn football game. A couple of country music artists filled the stands, writes AL.com’s Amber Sutton.
- Former Auburn quarterback Cam Newton infamously left his Super Bowl press conference early after he was allegedly affected by overheard comments about him from Denver Broncos defensive back Chris Harris. According to AL.com’s Mark Inabinett, Harris claims he didn’t know Newton heard what he said.
The best stories around the SEC
NEXT Report: Former Auburn running back Cameron Artis-Payne arrested