Auburn (4-3, 1-3 SEC) was back at practice on Tuesday as it continued to prepare for a critical game against Ole Miss this weekend. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn addressed the media for the first time since the Tigers lost a four-overtime game to Arkansas last Saturday.
Here are four things to know:
- Defensive end Carl Lawson practiced for the first time since he suffered a hip injury in the first half of Auburn’s opening game against Louisville. He could play this Saturday.
- Trash talk? An Auburn defensive back called Ole Miss wideout Laquon Treadwell “a regular receiver like everybody else.”
- Could the Tigers be headed for a bowl appearance? See the bowl projections for Auburn after Week 8.
- 5-star defensive end Derrick Brown will take an official visit to Auburn in January. Read how family ties might affect his final decision.
Other Auburn news from around the Internet
- Auburn quarterback Sean White is not concerned with the fact that he has yet to account for a touchdown in four starts.
- New baseball coach Butch Thompson added an assistant to his staff.
- Freshman men’s basketball guard New Williams is feeling better than ever after a summer knee surgery.
The best stories around the SEC
- LSU players help stranded motorists during rain storm in Louisiana
- Alabama injury news: Nick Saban gives updates on three key players
- Kentucky’s John Calipari pays college tuition for two students
- LSU fullback JD Moore is “pushing to play” next weekend vs. Alabama
- Butch Jones has special birthday message for South Florida prospect