Auburn (5-5, 2-5 SEC) fell to UGA 20-13 on Saturday in the 119th edition of the Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry.
Tigers were back at practice Sunday, as the focus turned towards another home matchup with Idaho this weekend. Auburn needs to win one of its final two games to become bowl eligible.
Here are four things to know:
- Auburn is focused on Idaho and bowl eligibility, not looking ahead to Iron Bowl
- A 5-star linebacker has Auburn in his top three
- The grades are in. See Auburn’s report card after a 20-13 loss to UGA.
- Some notable alumni reacted to Auburn’s loss on social media. One former player said: “Today, only our defense decided to show up.”
Other Auburn news from around the Internet
- From the Ledger-Enquirer’s Michael Niziolek: Auburn DB Stephen Roberts put in extra work, earned spot start for injured Tray Matthews
- From the Opelika-Auburn News’ Tom Green: In case of emergency, Auburn could break the glass and burn (cornerback) Javaris Davis’ redshirt
- From 247sports’ Ryan Black: Will Muschamp praises ‘steady’ senior season for cornerback Jonathan Jones