Happy Tuesday, Auburn fans.
Only a few days remain for coaches to make in-home visits before the final weekend of official visits arrives. It’ll be a wild ride to the finish line, and there should be plenty of drama along the way for Auburn and its SEC counterparts.
Here are four things to know:
- Having the last say can sometimes be the deciding factor in recruiting, and Auburn will have just that for the nation’s No. 1 linebacker prospect, who happened to name Alabama as his leader this weekend.
- Auburn got more good news Monday, as a four-star wide receiver considering the Tigers cancelled his scheduled visit to Ole Miss this weekend. With the Rebels and Florida State now out of the running, things look good for Auburn in his recruitment.
- Plenty of Auburn coaches were on the road Monday, and they visited several top prospects, including the nation’s top overall player.
- A last-minute decision may prove to be the difference for Auburn, as a four-star cornerback has the Tigers back in the thick of things with just over a week until National Signing Day after a quick visit to The Plains this weekend.
Other Auburn news from around the Internet
- With four-star wide receiver Tre Nixon committing to Ole Miss Monday, the Florida native has cancelled his scheduled visit to Auburn this weekend.
- Coming off a blowout loss at Florida, Auburn looks to get back in the win column Wednesday on the road against Ole Miss. Wesley Sinor of AL.com previews the matchup.
The best stories around the SEC
- Which of the SEC’s elite 2016 QB recruits is most likely to succeed?
- Jim Harbaugh, Urban Meyer prove to be SEC’s top recruiting threats in 2016
- Florida State agrees to pay nearly $1 million to Jameis Winston’s accuser in settlement
- South Carolina’s Will Muschamp hires former NFL star to round out staff