5 things every Auburn fan needs to know today
Auburn was back at practice on Sunday, as it prepares for a showdown with Alabama in the Iron Bowl this weekend.
Auburn handled Idaho 56-34 on Saturday to become bowl eligible. The Tigers will try to follow that up with an upset of the Crimson Tide, which is currently ranked No. 2 in the College Football Playoff rankings.
Here are five things to know:
- Auburn may use two quarterbacks against Alabama. Freshman signal-caller Sean White was sidelined against Idaho with a knee injury.
- Alabama is currently favored by two touchdowns over Auburn.
- Defensive coordinator Will Muschamp says he has not been contacted about other coaching jobs. If he so chooses, Muschamp can pursue other coaching jobs after the SEC Championship game without incurring a financial penalty.
- A safety prospect, who is currently committed to Florida, will take an official visit to Auburn.
- Former Auburn quarterback Cam Newton had a career-high performance in a win over the Washington Redskins Sunday. Newton added to his MVP credentials, gave away gifts to fans and of course danced during the victory.