5 things every Auburn fan needs to know today
Auburn was back at practice Monday as it prepares to host Alabama in the Iron Bowl this weekend.
The trash talk heated up between the teams to begin the week.
Here are five things to know:
- Some Alabama players were not complimentary of Auburn’s players. Crimson Tide defensive back Cyrus Jones said Auburn’s wide receivers are “nothing special.”
- Former Alabama kicker Adam Griffith recalls “Kick Six” and its harrowing aftermath.
- Auburn junior college commit Paul James details his decision to commit to the Tigers. James is the No. 1-ranked weak-side defensive end in the country.
- Ben Davis, the nation’s No. 1 inside linebacker, has rescheduled his official visit with Auburn.
- Former Auburn quarterback Cam Newton will be an honorary coach for the Iron Bowl this weekend.
Other Auburn news from around the Internet
- From 247sports’ Phillip Marshall: Injured starting offensive linemen Shon Coleman and Austin Golson returned to practice Monday. Neither played in Auburn’s win over Idaho.
- From AL.com’s Wesley Sinor: Auburn coach Gus Malzahn has worn a gray sweater vest in his previous two Iron Bowls, but he has his best winning percentage when he wears a blue vest. A fan asked Malzahn if he would switch it up and wear a blue vest Saturday.