Auburn coach Gus Malzahn addressed the media for the first time this week on Tuesday. The coach did not reveal much, as the Tigers prepare to host Alabama in the Iron Bowl this weekend, but there was a lot of other intriguing Auburn news that emerged on Tuesday.
Here are five things to know:
- Auburn and Alabama are taking a business-as-usual approach to Iron Bowl week.
- Auburn offensive lineman Avery Young relived his iconic “Kick Six” reaction on Tuesday. Young’s memorable facial expressions were captured on the sideline twice in the immediate aftermath of Chris Davis’ game-winning touchdown.
- Auburn legend Bo Jackson said Alabama running back Derrick Henry is his “No. 1 choice” for the Heisman Trophy.
- Auburn responded on Twitter to an Alabama player who said he hadn’t heard of Auburn sophomore defensive lineman Carl Lawson.
- Alabama and Auburn are in the mix for the services of a Tennessee offensive line prospect, who has ties to the state of Alabama. However, the offensive lineman also has interest in other SEC schools.
Other Auburn news from around the Internet
- From AL.com’s James Crepea: The Tigers could get two offensive starters back in time for the Iron Bowl.
- From the Opelika-Auburn News’ Tom Green: Auburn is still undecided on a starting quarterback for this weekend.
- From AL.com’s Brandon Marcello: Malzahn is determined to keep secrets from Alabama heading into Iron Bowl.
The best stories around the SEC
- Check out what the national media had to say about the newest batch of rankings. Alabama took a couple of shots from the media on Tuesday.
- Five NFL coaches who could potentially replace LSU coach Les Miles
- Derrick Henry maintains his lead in the Heisman Trophy race, but the race is far from over.
- Could a two-loss SEC team still make the College Football Playoff? It’s possible.