Happy Monday, Auburn fans.
It’s the week everyone has been waiting for. National Signing Day is almost here, and Auburn will add the final pieces to its recruiting class over the next couple days. If that wasn’t enough, Super Bowl 50 is right around the corner, and former Auburn great Cam Newton hopes to win his first NFL title.
Here are five things to know:
- Speaking of recruiting, Auburn held its final official visits over the weekend, but a safety prospect from Montgomery, Ala., is still hoping to get an offer from the Tigers.
- Some of the best recruiting stories come years later when you look to see what teams passed on players that turned out to be some of the best. That’s certainly the case for every school that passed on Newton. In fact, a legendary coach admitted he recruited Newton as a tight end. Obviously, quarterback is working out nicely for the Carolina Panthers star.
- Speaking of Newton, he’s getting ready for the biggest game of his life, and he left Carolina in style Sunday. Newton will battle another former SEC quarterback in Super Bowl 50, but where does he rank among former SEC players currently in the NFL?
- Auburn will be without a starting safety for a portion of the offseason, as he recently underwent shoulder surgery. However, it is expected that he’ll be back in time for spring practice.
- A former Auburn Tigers defensive back had a good weekend, as he showed off his skill set in front of many NFL scouts and personnel at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala.
Other Auburn news from around the Internet
- Need some more Auburn recruiting news? Wesley Sinor of AL.com has you covered.
- The Auburn men’s basketball team failed to get the conference a win in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge Saturday, as Oklahoma State was too much for the Tigers to handle.