Auburn (5-4, 2-4 SEC) is one day away from hosting UGA (6-3, 4-3) in the 119th installment of The Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry. The Tigers need to win at least one of their final three games to become bowl eligible.
Here are six things to know:
- Derrick Brown, the No. 1 prospect in Georgia, shared his thoughts on where he stands with Auburn in his recruitment process.
- Turnovers and penalties are making a difference for the Tigers in the latter part of the season, according to AL.com’s Brandon Marcello.
- Will Muschamp will be trying to defeat UGA Saturday, but he once helped the Bulldogs end a 20-game Auburn winning streak, writes Marcello.
- Men’s basketball guard Bryce Brown will be suspended for the team’s opening game against UAB, per Auburn247’s Ryan Black.
- The men’s basketball team signed 2016 guard Mustapha Heron. He is the first 5-star recruit in program history writes AL.com’s James Crepea.
- The alleged killer of former Auburn football player Jakell Mitchell pleaded not guilty on Thursday, according to the Opelika-Auburn News’ Meagan Hurley.