6 things every Auburn fan needs to know today
Auburn coach Gus Malzahn addressed the media on Wednesday for the last time before the Auburn hosts Alabama this weekend.
The players and coaches will continue to prepare for the game on Thursday in between a short break for the Thanksgiving holiday. The wait is almost over for the 80th edition of the Iron Bowl.
Here are six things to know:
- Kyle Davis, the nation’s No. 1 wide receiver, committed to Auburn over UGA and Tennessee on Wednesday.
- Other recruits and Auburn coaches reacted on social media to Davis’ decision to choose the Tigers.
- A former Alabama running back, who was kicked off the team, will take a visit to the Auburn program for the Iron Bowl.
- ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit thinks the Iron Bowl will be “a lot tougher than people realize” for Alabama.
- Auburn is tightening Iron Bowl security after “world events.”
- Auburn’s “Kick Six” hero Chris Davis and former Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron were featured in hilarious Iron Bowl commercials.
Other Auburn news from around the Internet
- From AL.com’s John Talty: The mysterious trend of people spreading cremated remains at the Iron Bowl
- From 247sports’ Ryan Black: An update on the status of quarterback Sean White and starting center Austin Golson