Auburn (5-4, 2-4 SEC) used a complete effort from its offense, defense and special teams to upset Texas A&M (6-3, 3-3) on Saturday. The 26-10 victory puts the Tigers one game away from becoming bowl eligible with three games to play.
Auburn was back at practice on Sunday as it prepares to host Georgia (6-3, 4-3) in The Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry this weekend.
Here are seven things to know:
- Defensive coordinator Will Muschamp talks guts, gladiators and barbed wire at his Sunday press conference.
- A Packers fan had the police notified after former Auburn quarterback Cam Newton tore down the fan’s banner prior to Sunday’s game.
- Sophomore safety Tray Matthews “should be able to go” this weekend against Georgia after sitting out against Texas A&M with an ankle injury. Matthews played his freshman season with the Bulldogs before transferring to Auburn.
- Muschamp is “extremely happy” for his former players at Florida. The Gators clinched the SEC East on Saturday.
- Auburn opened as an underdog for this weekend’s game against Georgia, but the Tigers are now favored by a point.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook after Auburn’s win over the Aggies: “The Tigers are back!…The best is yet to come!” See what some other Auburn alumni had to say after the game.
- The report card is in. What grades did Auburn receive after its upset victory over Texas A&M?
Other Auburn news from around the Internet
- The swimming team defeated Indiana over the weekend.
- The equestrian team picked up its third win of the season on Sunday.
- The unranked volleyball team pulled off an upset of its own, knocking off No. 11 Florida in five sets on Sunday.
The best stories around the SEC
- Missouri coach Gary Pinkel confirms team boycott in statement
- What does this mean for Gary Pinkel and Missouri’s football team?
- SEC Haters: “So basically Northern Illinois is the best team in the SEC”
- Johnny Manziel gives Texas A&M’s Kyler Murray major props
- The SEC’s Big Picture: Déjà vu all over again. ‘Bama is back in first place.