There was plenty of news in Auburn following its annual A-Day spring game over the weekend and even more news on the recruiting trail. Get caught up right here:
Here are seven things to know
- Could Auburn and UAB square off in the near future? The schools have discussed adding each other onto their schedules.
- Who was wearing No. 26 during Auburn’s A-Day scrimmage? The long-awaited answer is right here.
- Coach Gus Malzahn made some additions to his staff on Monday and added a former Tiger to his staff.
- Freshman tailback Malik Miller sustained an ankle injury during Saturday’s spring game. But that minor setback hasn’t diminished his impressive spring in Malzahn’s eyes.
- Read about Auburn’s battle with Tennessee for a talented linebacker and more recruiting news .
- Auburn continues to be the front-runner to land in-state athlete Malcolm Askew.
- Elite in-state defensive end, Ryan Johnson, said he enjoyed his surprise visit for A-Day.
Other Auburn news from around the Internet
- AL.com’s James Crepea wrote about Malzahn’s lack of concern over his offense’s sluggish A-Day outing.
- Auburn spent more than $750,000 to play in the Birmingham Bowl last season, according to The Columbus Ledger-Enquirer’s Michael Niziolek.