One week after failing to score in the second half and blowing a 20-point lead against LSU, Auburn scored 28 third quarter points in putting away Arkansas on the road, 52-20.
Jarrett Stidham threw for 218 yards and scored on a touchdown run while Kamryn Pettway ran for 90 yards and 3 touchdowns as the Tigers (6-2) piled up 629 yards on offense.
FINAL AUBURN 52, ARKANSAS 20
AUBURN 52, ARKANSAS 19 (3:07, 4Q)
- Arkansas inches down the field and uses 13 plays to cover 75 yards. The Razorbacks add a 2-yard rushing touchdown.
AUBURN 52, ARKANSAS 13 (9:44, 4Q)
- Freshman running back Devan Barrett scores his first touchdown in an Auburn jersey after quarterback Malik Willis picks up some large gains on offense.
AUBURN 45, ARKANSAS 13 (0:28, 3Q)
- Pettway adds another score with an 11-yard rush. The junior looks (perhaps) the healthiest that he has all season and the drive takes a right around a minute. It’s a long night for the home Hogs.
AUBURN 38, ARKANSAS 13 (3:57, 3Q)
- Arkansas counters with a 100-yard touchdown return on a kickoff.
AUBURN 37, ARKANSAS 6 (4:13, 3Q)
- Darius Slayton scores a 62-yard touchdown pass courtesy of Jarrett Stidham. It takes one play.
AUBURN 31, ARKANSAS 6 (7:33, 3Q)
- The Tigers widen the gap with the help of a 38-yard Kamryn Pettway run. The drive takes a little less than two minutes and four total plays.
AUBURN 24, ARKANSAS 6 (12:10, 3Q)
- Auburn opens the second half with a few passing plays and uses Kamryn Pettway to move the ball even more. The power back picks up some big gains and dashes two yards for another touchdown.
HALFTIME: Auburn 17, ARKANSAS 6
Auburn will receive to start the 3rd.
AUBURN 17, ARKANSAS 6 (0:40, 2Q)
- Arkansas’ Connor Limpert manages another field goal, this one from 38 yards out, to add three more points on the board.
AUBURN 17, ARKANSAS 3 (3:07, 2Q)
- Auburn travels 41 yards on 7 total plays and Kerryon Johnson scores another rushing touchdown to give Auburn a two-score lead.
AUBURN 10, ARKANSAS 3 (10:00, 1Q)
- Auburn comes up short on what looks to be a first down and then is stopped just inside the Arkansas two-yard line after a very strange drive.
AUBURN 10, ARKANSAS 3 (6:53, 1Q)
- Daniel Carlson address three more points with a 21-yard field goal.
AUBURN 7, ARKANSAS 3 (7:57, 1Q)
- Arkansas looked like it might respond quickly, but even following some slight miscommunication Auburn manages to keep the Hogs out of the end zone.
AUBURN 7, ARKANSAS 0 (11:39, 1Q)
- After a strange start to the evening in Fayetteville, Darius Slayton breaks for a 50-yard gain and Jarrett Stidham rushes 15 yards for Auburn’s first touchdown of the night. It’s another quick start for the Tigers on the road.
Auburn football has to rebound in a hurry in the second of three straight road games in SEC West play when it takes on Arkansas in Week 8.
Auburn (5-2 overall, 3-1 SEC) blew a 20-0 lead in a 27-23 loss to LSU last weekend, severely damaging the Tigers’ chances at College Football Playoff contention. Now, there’s zero room for error for coach Gus Malzahn as he returns to his home state to face Arkansas (2-4 overall, 0-3 SEC), which is coming off two lopsided losses.
The Tigers crushed Arkansas last season by a score of 56-3 in what was the high point of their winning streak. Now, they enter the matchup in a much different situation, especially after being shut out in the second half by an LSU defense that had struggled against quality opponents.
Auburn-Arkansas football game time, details
- Time: 7:30 p.m. ET/6:30 p.m. CT
- Date: Saturday, October 21, 2017
- Location: Razorback Stadium, Fayetteville, Ark.
- Line: Auburn -13
What TV channel is Auburn-Arkansas football on?
SEC Network is broadcasting this game between Auburn and Arkansas.
Who is calling the Auburn-Arkansas football game for SEC Network?
Tom Hart is the play-by-play announcer, Jordan Rodgers is the color commentator, and Cole Cubelic will be the sideline reporter for SEC Network’s coverage of Auburn-Arkansas football.
How can I watch Auburn-Arkansas football online?
You can stream the Auburn and Arkansas game on WatchESPN.
How can I listen to Auburn-Arkansas football on the radio?
You can listen to the Auburn Sports Network call of the Auburn and Arkansas game with Rod Bramblett, Stan White and Ronnie Brown. Locally in Auburn, the broadcast is on 93.9 FM. The Auburn Sports Network also offers a stream on AuburnTigers.com and the TuneIn app.
Auburn-Arkansas football preview
- Still on top: Auburn running back Kerryon Johnson leads the nation in rushing touchdowns this season with 13. He picked up 12 of those in a span of 13 quarters, stretching from the start of the win against Missouri to the first quarter of the loss at LSU.
- Ran all over the Razorbacks: Last season, Auburn rushed for 543 yards against Arkansas, which was the second most in school history against an SEC opponent. The record — 545 — came against Missouri in the 2013 SEC Championship Game.
- Top 10 on defense: Auburn ranks in the top 10 nationally in both scoring defense (ninth) and yards allowed per play (eighth) through the first seven weeks of the season. The Tigers haven’t finished that high in both categories under any of their last three coaches, dating back to 2009.