Auburn sports: Tigers earn more time in SEC Tournament
Auburn football is the No. 1 topic in the War Eagle Wakeup every day — but we cover news, notes and analysis from across the Tigers sports world. Join us each morning to get caught up on everything you missed in the world of Auburn football, recruiting, basketball and more.
Tigers live to see another day in Hoover
Freshman Edouard Julien delivered a walk-off single to help Auburn eliminate Kentucky from the SEC Tournament in Hoover, Ala., on Tuesday afternoon.
The hit meant a 4-3 win for Auburn in the 11th inning at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium. Prior to his big hit, Julien was 0 for 4, having already struck out 3 times. Still, he persisted and earned Auburn its first walk-off win in the SEC Tournament since 1999.
Now, Auburn will face No. 2 Ole Miss on Wednesday at approximately 1 p.m. CT. Freshman Tanner Burns (5-4, 3.33 ERA) will be on the mound for Butch Thompson’s team as it looks to play another day in the SEC Tournament. Here’s a look at the action that unfolded on Tuesday:
— Auburn Baseball (@AuburnBaseball) May 23, 2018
In other Auburn news:
- Auburn football: When will trap be most dangerous for Tigers in 2018?
- 2 key prospects will visit Auburn in June after Big Cat Weekend.
- Kam Martin leads way for Auburn RB unit that still has plenty of questions.
- Who are some early expected visitors at Auburn for Big Cat Weekend?
- Bruce Pearl says Auburn leaders want to keep him “here for a long time.”
MORE: Want this roundup in your inbox every morning? Sign up here
Tweet of the day
Mark those calendars.
— Auburn Women's Basketball (@AuburnWBB) May 22, 2018
Miss a previous edition? Find every post of SEC Country’s daily War Eagle Wakeup Auburn football post right here.