The first of Auburn baseball’s midweek games was a success. The Tigers defeated Georgia Tech 12-7 at Plainsman Park on Tuesday evening.
Sophomore Elliott Anderson (3-0, 4.50) earned the win following his career-high 3⅓ innings. Third baseman Josh Anthony and shortstop Will Holland also were important offensive players for the Tigers.
With the home victory, Butch Thompson’s team is 16-1 and inching closer to the start of SEC play. First, however, Auburn will welcome Memphis in a rather quick turnaround on Wednesday afternoon.
Right-hander Ryan Watson (0-0, 4.15) will make his second midweek start of the season for Auburn. The first pitch was moved to 3 p.m. CT.
Auburn baseball vs. Memphis game time, details
Game: Wednesday, March 14, 4 p.m. ET
Location: Plainsman Park, Auburn, Ala.
What TV channels are the Auburn vs. Memphis game on?
The game will be streamed on the SEC Network alternate channel.
How can I listen to the Auburn vs. Memphis game?
You can follow the game on the radio on WTGZ-FM (93.9) or online at the Auburn Radio Network.
What you should know
- Memphis will visit Plainsman Park to kick off a six-day road trip. It will be Memphis’ second road game against a ranked team this season.
- Auburn and Memphis have played 11 times in history, and Auburn has a 6-4 advantage in the series. The two teams last met in 2011 and Auburn won 6-2.
- Auburn coach Butch Thompson and Memphis coach Daron Schoenrock are more than familiar with each other. Thompson played for Schoenrock at Birmingham Southern from 1991-92 and then the duo served as assistant coaches together from 1994-96. Most recently the two coaches faced off as assistants in the SEC in the early 2000s.
- Right-handed pitcher Ryan Watson (0-0, 4.15) will make his second midweek start of the season for Auburn.
- Auburn ace Casey Mize was named the SEC Pitcher of the Week on Monday after he threw the conference’s fourth no-hitter since 1996 against Northeastern last Friday.