Auburn bowl projections after 3-2 start
The Auburn Tigers began the season with national championship aspirations, but after a 3-2 start, they will likely have to settle for a lower-tier bowl game.
The Tigers have multiple opportunities left this season to improve their bowl resume. The first chance comes on Thursday when Auburn plays Kentucky in a crucial SEC matchup. Both teams are coming off a bye week.
Here are the bowl projections for the Tigers after Week 6:
- CBS Sports (Jerry Palm): Texas Bowl (Houston) — West Virginia vs. Auburn
- CollegeFootballNews.com (Pete Fiutak): Birmingham Bowl (Birmingham, Ala.) — Auburn vs. Cincinnati
- College Sports Madness: Outback Bowl (Tampa, Fla.) — Michigan vs. Auburn
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy): Camping World Independence Bowl (Shreveport, La.) – NC State vs. Auburn
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach): Birmingham Bowl (Birmingham, Ala.) — Auburn vs. Memphis
- SB Nation (Jason Kirk): Auburn fell out of Kirk’s bowl projections after Week 4 and it remains out this week.
- Sporting News (Bill Bender): Belk Bowl (Charlotte, N.C.) North Carolina vs. Auburn
— Auburn Football (@FootballAU) October 12, 2015