Auburn bowl projections after 4-2 start
The Auburn Tigers (4-2, 1-2 SEC) secured their first SEC win of the season against Kentucky last Thursday. With a difficult schedule coming up, it was an important victory for Auburn in the conference and in terms of its bowl eligibility.
The Tigers have multiple opportunities left this season to improve their bowl resume. The first chance comes on Saturday against Arkansas.
Here are the bowl projections for the Tigers after Week 7:
- CBS Sports (Jerry Palm): Texas Bowl (Houston) — West Virginia vs. Auburn
- College Sports Madness: Outback Bowl (Tampa, Fla.) — Michigan vs. Auburn
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy): AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl (Shreveport, La.) – Auburn vs. West Virginia
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach): Autozone Liberty Bowl (Memphis, Tenn.) — Kansas State vs. Auburn
- SB Nation (Jason Kirk): Auburn fell out of Kirk’s bowl projections after Week 4 and it remains out this week.
- Sporting News (Bill Bender): Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl (Nashville, Tenn.) — Northwestern vs. Auburn