The Auburn Tigers (4-3, 1-3 SEC) suffered a devastating four-overtime loss to Arkansas on Saturday. With a difficult schedule coming up, it was a damaging loss in terms of bowl eligibility.
Four of Auburn’s final five games are against SEC opponents that have a combined conference record of 12-6. The Tigers will need to win at least two of the games to reach a bowl game.
Here are the bowl projections for the Tigers after Week 8:
- CBS Sports (Jerry Palm): Birmingham Bowl (Birmingham, Ala.) — West Virginia vs. Auburn
- College Sports Madness: Outback Bowl (Tampa, Fla.) — Michigan vs. Auburn
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy): Birmingham Bowl (Birmingham, Ala.) – East Carolina vs. Auburn
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach): Birmingham Bowl (Birmingham, Ala.) — Cincinnati vs. Auburn
- SB Nation (Jason Kirk): Belk Bowl (Charlotte, N.C.) — Duke vs. Auburn
- Sporting News (Bill Bender): Belk Bowl (Charlotte, N.C.) — Pittsburgh vs. Auburn