Auburn football: Counting down to 2017 season; headlines for this week
Welcome to SEC Country’s daily War Eagle Wakeup, a rundown of everything happening in Auburn football and Auburn Tigers athletics with Lauren Shute. Today, we discuss the countdown to football season and recent headlines.
Countdown to 2017
Spring ball finished up. Exams were taken.
Families traveled to the Plains to watch students walk across a stage and transform into alumni.
All is quiet on the Auburn campus. And that means the impatience is already picking up. Tiger fans are eager to read preseason headlines and see who is going to step into a bigger role in 2017.
As of Wednesday, there are 108 days remaining until the start of football season.
But the countdown creator from Tuesday was just too good not to share.
There’s lots of days left until kickoff. And still a few ways left to share the Kick Six again during the countdown.
So, keep watching Auburn fans. You may have a little while longer to wait … but you’ll have some pleasant reminders along the way.
We're officially 1️⃣0️⃣9️⃣ days away from kickoff.
"There goes @chris11au!"
— Auburn Football (@AuburnFootball) May 16, 2017
- SEC Country’s Justin Ferguson says Gus Malzahn is really excited about what’s going on with his football program heading into the 2017 season.
- AL.com says Deshaun Davis is taking on a bigger role as Auburn’s starting weakside linebacker.
- Brandon Marcello of 247Sports ranked every scholarship player on Auburn’s 2017 roster.
- Bleacher Report ranked the top 10 greatest college football teams since 2000, and the Tigers made the cut.
- NBCSports recaps how Woody Barrett decided why the junior college route would be the best spot for him.
- SEC Country’s Benjamin Wolk says Auburn’s top defensive target, Richard Jibunor, talked about his ‘wild summer’ ahead.
- The Times-Picayune says SEC coaches have mixed bag of opinions about the early signing period.
Happening on the Plains
There’s not much happening this week.
Auburn baseball is attempting to rebound from two straight SEC series sweeps and Clint Myers’ softball team is getting ready to host an NCAA regional.
And host is the key word here.
The Tigers will take on East Tennessee State University on Friday afternoon. While Auburn struggled and fell out of the SEC Tournament early last weekend, there is a plus side to playing at home.
Check out these numbers and see why Auburn softball might have more success at Jane B. Moore Field this weekend than it did in Knoxville, Tenn.
— Auburn Softball (@AuburnSoftball) May 17, 2017
Miss a previous edition? Find every post of SEC Country’s daily War Eagle Wakeup Auburn football post right here.