Auburn football: Dancing into the week; soccer’s winning ways
Auburn football is the No. 1 topic in the War Eagle Wakeup every day — but we cover news, notes and analysis from across the Tigers’ sports world. Join us each morning to get caught up on everything you missed in the world of Auburn football, recruiting, basketball and more.
Dancing into the week like …
“Sunday scaries” are those feelings you get after a long week of work and a weekend that flies by too quickly. Fortunately for Auburn football, however, the Tigers didn’t have much to be bummed about on Sunday.
Auburn earned its first SEC win of the season at Missouri and made a statement in the process.
Chip Lindsey’s offense looked more like what it was expected to and Auburn’s defense continued to troll opposing offenses, even down a couple of starters.
There’s nothing like reminiscing on a victory or the celebration after the win to start your Monday morning.
— Auburn Football (@AuburnFootball) September 24, 2017
In other Auburn football news:
- Auburn is a double-digit favorite heading into its matchup with Mississippi State.
- Auburn’s defense is already thinking bigger after a refreshing win at Missouri.
- Auburn climbed in both national polls after its first SEC win.
- The coming game against Mississippi State will be another big test for Gus Malzahn’s squad.
- Lindsey and Auburn’s offense sent a message in a trio of deep balls at Missouri.
- Jarrett Stidham and his playmakers finally did what they were supposed to in Auburn’s first SEC away game.
The winning was contagious this past weekend, it seems.
Auburn soccer welcomed Kentucky to the Plains over the weekend and sent the Wildcats home with a shutout.
The 3-0 blanking made Auburn’s conference record 2-0-1 and continued its unbeaten run.
Senior Kristen Dodson was involved in all 3 goals, scoring 2 and assisting on another.
Bri Folds tallied a goal and an assist, while Hannah Alspach and Taylor Troutman notched assists, too.
Tweet of the day
A picture is worth 1,000 words.
Cam Newton is at the podium, visibly disappointed. pic.twitter.com/o5kuUM9HyW
— Jourdan Rodrigue (@JourdanRodrigue) September 24, 2017
Miss a previous edition? Find every post of SEC Country’s daily War Eagle Wakeup Auburn football post right here.