Auburn football: Kerryon Johnson takes to Twitter; David Ross dances Disney style
Welcome to SEC Country’s daily War Eagle Wakeup, a rundown of everything happening in Auburn football and Auburn Tigers athletics with Lauren Shute. Today, we discuss Kerryon Johnson’s thoughts on the 2017 team and Dancing Disney Style
KJ (and Auburn fotball) says…
Spring ball has, of course, come to an end at Auburn. And while that may seem like a negative for Tiger fans there are some positives to keep an eye out for.
Though fans won’t have as much information on players’ workouts or position battles until fall camp rolls around, the offseason means many players have time to share their thoughts on Twitter.
That looks like it’s going to be very encouraging in the coming months.
Kerryon Johnson took to Twitter once again to comment on Auburn’s potential of 2017.
If y'all seen our workout today……….this TEAM will be special
— Kerryon Johnson (@AyeyoKEJO) April 17, 2017
It seems to be a common thought.
— TriggaTray (@Trigga_Tray28) April 17, 2017
Auburn will practice through the form of 7-on-7 drills in the coming months, but perhaps the most critical component will come in the weight room — it kind of already has.
During media availability sessions this spring several Auburn players voiced excitement on the strength and conditioning program they’d been dedicating so much time and effort to.
Players like Darrell Williams, Jalen Harris and many others commented on how much stronger they’d gotten while several players described their goals for the summer months (many would like to gain weight in the form of muscle).
Workouts when no one is watching are by far the hardest to execute. But Johnson makes it seem as though that’s not going to be a problem as Auburn prepares for next season.
David Dances Disney Style
Former Auburn baseball standout David Ross is still dancing away on ABC’s Dancing with the Stars (for now, at least).
Ross and partner Lindsey Arnold performed to a song from Disney’s Cars 3 on Monday night. Though the duo didn’t earn the highest score of the night or really even the best critiques, they did pull of these cool jump suits.
— Good Morning America (@GMA) April 18, 2017
- SEC Country’s Justin Ferguson says Auburn football wants to see if Kamryn Pettway can increase his speed without decreasing his weight.
- AL.com says this is what it’s like to be an Auburn assistant coach on a recruiting trip.
- Brandon Marcello, of 247Sports, writes that these 5 incoming players could have an immediate impact at Auburn.
- SEC Country’s Benjamin Wolk talks about his first day of a road trip through Alabama with SEC Country’s Alabama recruiting writer Chris Kirschner.
- The Opelika-Auburn News says Marlon Character may not have played a game, but he was one of the most talked about players on Auburn’s defense this spring.
- Bryan Matthews, of Auburn Rivals.com, points to these four linebackers as anchors Auburn’s 2017 defense.
Happening on the Plains
Auburn baseball takes on Kennesaw State in Georgia tonight (6 p.m. ET, ESPN3). It’s the last game of the Tigers season-long road trip. They’ll return to the Plains this weekend for a three game series against Arkansas.
— Auburn Baseball (@AuburnBaseball) April 17, 2017
Auburn basketball added graduate transfer Malik Dunbar for the 2017 season.
— Auburn Basketball (@AuburnMBB) April 17, 2017
Meanwhile, Auburn women’s hoops picked up a Miami, Florida, guard on Monday afternoon.
Miss a previous edition? Find every post of SEC Country’s daily War Eagle Wakeup Auburn football post right here.