AUBURN, Ala. — Before an all-important off week that precedes a brutal stretch in November, Auburn football must take care of business and bounce back at Arkansas on Saturday night (7:30 p.m. ET/6:30 p.m. CT on SEC Network).
The Tigers dropped an ugly upset loss at LSU last weekend, and now Gus Malzahn’s team has zero margin for error if it wants to compete for a championship of any kind. Although Auburn is in the midst of a three-game road streak, its competition is in a worse spot in Week 8.
Arkansas hasn’t beaten a Power 5 team this season and is coming off back-to-back blowout losses to South Carolina and Alabama. Auburn routed Arkansas last season, 56-3, and Malzahn is looking to improve to 4-1 against his former employer.
For all the news and analysis from this week, here’s your one stop for all of SEC Country’s Auburn-Arkansas coverage:
Talking to the Tigers
Auburn coach Gus Malzahn (Tuesday):
Auburn quarterback Jarrett Stidham (Sunday):
Auburn linebacker Darrell Williams (Sunday):
Auburn defensive back Stephen Roberts (Sunday):
Auburn wide receiver Nate Craig-Myers (Tuesday):
Auburn defensive back Jeremiah Dinson (Tuesday):
News and analysis
- Auburn RB Kamryn Pettway set for ‘a few more carries’ against Arkansas
- Will Auburn football come out of its second-half shell against Arkansas?
- 14 blue-chip signees have left Auburn football under Gus Malzahn; here’s why
- Former Auburn QB Jason Campbell: No time for tears; ‘you still have a season to play’
- Sound Off: Can Gus Malzahn do anything vs. Arkansas to ease pressure?
- Auburn football injury report: DB Tray Matthews, LG Mike Horton ‘limited’ in return to practice
- How WR Kyle Davis’ dismissal will impact Auburn football’s passing attack
- Auburn WR Nate Craig-Myers focused on making plays, not just catches
- Auburn’s Gus Malzahn says Jarrett Stidham ‘has more flexibility’ than any other QB he’s coached
- Gus Malzahn responds to former Auburn player Heath Evans: ‘TV guys, they’ve all got opinions’
- Auburn football dismisses wide receiver Kyle Davis
- Auburn C Casey Dunn out vs. Arkansas, LG Mike Horton still questionable
- Gus Malzahn says Auburn football has to ‘do better’ following LSU disaster
- Ferg’s Film Room: Stubborn second-half strategy cost Auburn a win at LSU
- Auburn football defense dead set on ‘no big plays’ moving forward
- LSU collapse sets new low for Auburn offense’s awful second halves in losses under Gus Malzahn
- The Gus Malzahn Auburn has is not the Gus Malzahn Auburn hired
- Jarrett Stidham, Auburn leaders try to keep locker room focused to avoid downward spiral
The SEC Country Auburn team predicted Auburn to bounce back from the LSU loss and win by double digits at Arkansas. Read our final score picks and reasoning here.
- Auburn football podcast: Gus Malzahn could be the next coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks (Thursday)
- Auburn football podcast: A Malzahn departure would affect recruiting (Wednesday)
- Auburn football podcast: Tigers offense cowers when lined up against decent defense (Tuesday)
- Auburn football podcast: Gus Malzahn is not saying the right things (Monday)