AUBURN, Ala. — After an underwhelming win over Mercer last weekend, Auburn football followed up with a week of news that at times was overwhelming.
The Tigers (2-1) open their 2017 SEC slate on Saturday night at Missouri (7:30 p.m. ET/6:30 p.m. CT on ESPNU), and they will be down two notable depth pieces — former starting quarterback Sean White and former 5-star prospect Byron Cowart.
Auburn is confident it can power through those two headline-making departures against a Missouri team that has lost two consecutive lopsided games at home.
With one day to go before the Tigers take on the Tigers for the first time in the regular season, here’s your one-stop shop for SEC Country’s pregame coverage of Auburn vs. Missouri.
Auburn injury updates, personnel changes
- Junior running back Kerryon Johnson (hamstring) is expected to play. He’s missed the last two games due to injury.
- Sophomore defensive end Marlon Davidson (undisclosed) is expected to return after missing the Mercer game.
- Sophomore wide receiver Darius Slayton (undisclosed) is expected to return.
- Senior right tackle Darius James (neck) practiced all week, returning to full contact at the end of the week. James was carted off the field in the second quarter of the Mercer game with a neck injury.
- Junior walk-on Devin Adams will serve as the No. 3 quarterback behind sophomore Jarrett Stidham and freshman Malik Willis. Junior wide receiver Ryan Davis is an emergency No. 4.
- Senior kicker Daniel Carlson will not punt this week. Sophomore Ian Shannon is expected to hold on to his job.
Talking to the Tigers
Here are the videos from the news conferences this week.
Auburn coach Gus Malzahn (Tuesday)
Auburn defensive coordinator Kevin Steele (Sunday)
Auburn offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey (Sunday)
Auburn wide receiver Ryan Davis (Tuesday)
Auburn linebacker Deshaun Davis (Tuesday)
News and analysis
- Auburn expects DE Marlon Davidson to return from injury against Missouri
- Stats don’t begin to tell the story of Auburn’s dominating Dontavius Russell
- Auburn’s defense can show how far it’s come against pass-happy teams at Missouri
- Auburn football mailbag: What to expect from the Tigers offense at Missouri
- Former Auburn WR Ronney Daniels wants to see the ‘playmaker’ in team’s wideouts
- Sound Off: Can Auburn solve its rushing woes in its SEC opener at Missouri?
- On the Auburn football beat: QB Malik Willis’ debut should be coming soon
- Gus Malzahn expects 1 Auburn starter to return at Missouri, ‘hopeful’ for 2 others
- Even without Byron Cowart, Auburn not worried about defensive line depth
- Auburn WR — and practice QB — Ryan Davis on pace to break school record
- What will Auburn’s offensive line look like at Missouri?
- Gus Malzahn: Auburn RB Kam Martin will play more Saturday after 2 weeks of zero carries
- Sean White dismissal forcing Auburn to ‘think differently’ about playing freshman QB Malik Willis
- Auburn RB Kerryon Johnson ‘will be back’ from injury against Missouri
- Former 5-star recruit Byron Cowart granted release from Auburn football
- Tommy Tuberville weighs in on how Sean White’s exit will hurt Auburn
- Chip Lindsey is calling plays, but Auburn offense — and its struggle — belongs to Gus Malzahn
- Sean White’s dismissal from Auburn means Gus Malzahn’s ‘Achilles heel’ is back
- Who is Malik Willis? 5 things to know about Auburn’s new backup quarterback
- Auburn QB Sean White dismissed from program after arrest on Sunday
- Ferg’s Film Room: The good, the bad and the confusing from Auburn’s offense vs. Mercer
- Auburn’s Chip Lindsey: ‘We haven’t played our best yet, for sure’
The SEC Country Auburn team has a sweep across the board for a double-digit win over Missouri. Read our final score picks and reasoning here.
- Auburn football podcast: Gene Chizik talks Tigers football (Thursday)
- Auburn football podcast: Auburn recruiting update after Sean White dismissal (Wednesday)
- Auburn football podcast: Turnovers should drop for the Tigers (Tuesday)
- Auburn football podcast: What Auburn should do against Mercer (Monday)