Welcome to The Podcast on the Plains, SEC Country’s daily Auburn football podcast with host Zac Blackerby. On the show Monday, Blackerby is joined by Painter Sharpless of ESPN 106.7. On episode 111, the guys take a moment to discuss Keith Jackson’s passing and play one of his iconic calls. They also discuss Auburn’s defensive front from last year and discuss that it should be better in 2018 despite losing Jeff Holland to the NFL draft. But the following year, Auburn may see a lot of holes.
Auburn football podcast: Nick Coe is ridiculously versatile on the defensive front
Use the following time marks to navigate the podcast:
- Start of the show: Blackerby and Sharpless discuss the passing of broadcasting legend Keith Jackson. Blackerby plays his call of Bo over the Top. The guys talk about the impact of the play in Auburn history.
- 5-minute mark: The conversation shifts to taking a look at the defensive front for the Tigers. It was the biggest strength of the team in 2017 and will probably be the team’s biggest strength in 2018.
- 13-minute mark: The guys talk about how ridiculously versatile Nick Coe is along the defensive front.
- 15-minute mark: The experts discuss where T.D. Moultry fits into the defensive line conversation.
- End of the show: Blackerby and Sharpless give their final thoughts on the defensive big men.
Subscribe and listen to SEC Country’s daily Auburn Tigers on iTunes.